|Required Exam||Recommended Training|
|200-301 CCNA||Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)|
The CCNA exam 200-301 validates your knowledge and skills in network fundamentals, network access, IP connectivity, IP services, security fundamentals, and automation and programmability.
The Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v1.0 course provides you with a broad range of fundamental knowledge applicable to all IT careers. You will learn how to install, operate, configure, and verify basic IPv4 and IPv6 networks through a combination of lecture, hands-on labs, and self-study. Configuring network components such as switches, routers, and wireless LAN controllers is covered, as is managing network devices and identifying basic security threats. The course also covers network programmability, automation, and software-defined networking.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic IP address knowledge
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNA certification, but you should make sure to have a good understanding of the exam topics.
- Identify the components of a computer network and describe their basic characteristics
- Understand the model of host-to-host communication
- Describe LANs and the role of switches within LANs
- Install a switch and perform the initial configuration
- Describe the TCP/IP Internet layer, IPv4, its addressing scheme, and subnetting
- Explore functions of routing
- Implement basic configuration on a Cisco router
- Explain how Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) work
- Configure link aggregation using EtherChannel
- Describe the management of Cisco devices
- Describe the current security threat landscape
- Implement basic steps to harden network devices